Monday, July 20, 2015

My Two Year Trek.

7-13-15

My own “two year”  trek has been great. Elder Anderson is relaxed and easy to get along with. Good thing too since our apartment contains only the two of us. Anyways the new area is small. Yesterday we had about 10 people total in the congregation. Effiduasi was also small, but this is the smallest I've ever seen. The good news is that I don't have to worry about memorizing too many names and faces all at once, haha. The work is a little slower since it's a smaller town. Many, many people are SDA (Seven Day Adventist) here. For those of you who don't know their main belief is that the Sabbath Day is on Saturday not Sunday. It makes it easier to go to church (since nothing usually gets in the way) but I feel like their testimony isn't strengthened as much as those who sacrifice attending their own service to come to ours. Apparently when the SDAs came to Ghana, Agona (my new area) this is where they established themselves. Wouldn't it be neat if it was the Latter Day-Saints instead? Aw well, I'm just happy their Christian. I'm living in the Zongo again (the Muslim side of town). The early prayers still don't wake me up (I've grown very used to that), but the chickens and people fetching water at 4:30 in the morning still do. The apartment is small, but after some redecorating and moving things around, Elder Anderson and I have a sweet new set-up arranged.  The weather here is very humid, as we are in rainy season, and the heat just sticks to your body. I don't know the actual temperature, but it sure does feel hot. I don't know if I ever told you this but, as you know, I came home late a lot back home and, as you also know, Mom is a night owl. Whenever I came home, Mom was usually awake, or else would wake up, on the couch in the living room. I would usually throw my stuff in my room, grab a glass of juice and just talk with her for awhile. I loved those times and they are some of my favorite memories from back home. Treasure those opportunities with family. Well I think that's all for this week. I wish you all the most wonderful week ever and I do want to see some more pictures. 


With the up-most love and care,

-Elder Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment