Sunday, January 24, 2016

Unknowingly disturbing wasp hives is a NO GOOD idea.

Jan 4, 2016
   Well I suppose a lot has happened in two weeks eh? At least for me. Let's see... first off I can't send any pictures. I was looking forward to that. Next week? We had a baptism on Sunday! Wohoo! She had been long in the waiting, but she finally decided to take that leap of faith. Another investigator in that same boat is also being baptized this upcoming Sunday. Some more investigators may be ready for January. Sure makes the District Leader feel at ease. I finally got over my sickness after Christmas and I'm feeling well with a spring in my step. It sure was a pain to watch all that Christmas food pass me by though. The New Years was good. We drank sparkling cider and blew a few Roman candles. All of this was done with our neighbors. They're a fun bunch. Not members, but we have tried teaching a couple.
Spiritual experience?  Well one was when we stopped to visit the Nigerian family I met from weeks back. They just had a new baby girl who is absolutely adorable. They are leaving this week, so we sat and talked for awhile. They asked me to bless their baby. Obviously I can't do an actual baby blessing, but I prayed for their family. In doing so I felt the spirit very strong there. Great family. As for funny, we, (the Zone) went to a place called "Kentampo Falls". The waterfall was nice and I'll send pictures. While there, me and some guys decided to venture off into the bush to find our way to the top of the falls. We got about halfway when we got stuck. Me and another Elder were up ahead and unknowingly disturbed a good sized wasp hive (not the American wasps...these ones are much more fierce). The Elders who followed after us got quite the surprise. Thankfully no one is allergic, but I'll never forget the image of Elder Rindlisbacher running toward us shouting "ow! ow! oh! oo! ow!" (wasn’t so funny for him)!  We had a good time and are already planning our next activity. It was nice skyping with you guys over Christmas! And overall I'm great and hope you are as well. Enjoy the week. Have fun at school you two! 

-Elder Silva



Dec 21, 2015


I almost left, but I thought I would check out this e-mail one more time. Haha sorry for almost forgetting. So in short, I'm doing fine and dandy. Thanks so much for the pictures as always. So for skyping my schedule is very flexible. I'll shift things around if I have to. It would make the most sense for me to e-mail afternoon-evening (my time). As for how late it can go, the place won't close that early so I'm o.k. Will Grandma be sleeping there Christmas Eve, or is 11:00 just after you have done everything you've wanted to? Let's say this; I'm open anywhere from 3:00 PM going. That's 8:00 AM going for you. I'll be able to get things done by that time. So I will call you around that time to see what you are doing, and you tell me when I should try to Skype. Sound good? Alright gang, that'll be the plan for now. I hope I still remember our phone number haha. Have a great one! 

-Elder Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment