Thursday, March 24, 2016

Meat pies and Relief Society Sisters.

WHAT!!!?! HOLY SMOKES THAT'S AWESOME!!! (His cousin got mission call to Central Eurasian/Kazakhstan Mission.)

Wow what an experience. I think Drew Bailey went on that same mission. I remember him also giving me mission advice before I left. So this is the year Zach graduates from school right? Well duh I guess you would have told me all about his graduation had it been last year.
Alright let me tell you what’s been going on here before I respond to anything else. I just couldn't say anything without first reacting to Zach's call. As for us here in this small African town, we are.... umm.... happy and a bit stressed. Really nothing that hasn't happened many times before. The best news is that three of our investigators were baptized with possibly 2 more soon!! Great day! But we are still having a hard time finding new investigators. As I said, it's pretty usual. The baptisms went very well and the branch is always asking how our "fishes" are doing. The Relief Society anniversary was this last Sunday and ours celebrated with meat pies (no not a pie like home full of meat... I wish) and matching outfits. It was powerful. I have also been sleeping outside my room for a bit since I had a large infestation of bed bugs. I finally figured out the mystery of the itching. Our contacting has been very bad as of late. Whole days spent with 2 or 3 lessons, but the rain is also returning so that makes up for that. Alright so the other Obroni (white boy) is named Elder Lesh. He may be leaving in a week or so and I don't want him to yet.

Well I’ll leave everything at that for now. Pray for our finding this week and know that if Dad is fat when I get home, (joke between he and his Dad) I'll never stop laughing. Then I'll remember when I was fat on the mission and I'll humble myself a little.

-Elder Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment