Thursday, March 24, 2016

Save me a Cadbury Egg.

Mar 7, 2016

You know it comes to a point where I just love reading these, that I have not idea what to say in return. Ah the stress. Well this week was actually busy with extra activities. We went to a mid-training meeting in Kumasi with the Mission President. It was great and some good points were made. Of course we hit the KFC on the way home and I spent a little too much money. Oh well you gotta enjoy in those moments right? This week we were actually able to get a handful of referrals. It's a HUGE help to the work, so we're pretty pleased. At least it will make this week easier. Honestly sometimes I just have weeks where I don't know where the next appointment will come from and I don't want to spend the whole time contacting. Normally it seems normal, but as a trainer it's a little different. My son is still getting used to plans falling apart. On that note, me and my companion are getting along fairly well. On further news, we had a District Conference this week and I'm really not sure how it went. There was too much English and people were falling asleep. It really was nice to see everyone, since missionary work usually means being cooped up in a village with just your roommates. We ended up having 5 investigators show up and two of them were a surprise. All in all, things are looking up and we're expecting at least 2 baptisms this month. As for me personally I'm still good. In all honesty, a bit tired, but I still have a lot to do here. The rain did indeed come and our apartment was flooded. about 10 buckets full. We are getting that fixed, so don't worry. The rains are infrequent, but the humidity has definitely returned. It's nice, but sticky.

The mangos will be ripe in the upcoming months and I'm excited to get back to mango munching. I would sure like one of those cadbury eggs, but I'll wait a bit longer. You may have to tuck one away for me later (don't hide it in the oven again mom) haha. I'm glad everyone's getting along at home. For every mean word you have to buy another cadbury egg for me. Deal?..... I'll take the silence as a rousing aye! Well as for Mom's question, my socks are torn apart, but I'll just buy new ones. I've repaired my keen sandals a number of times, and they're still kickin! My shirts aren't quite as white and my missionary tag is half broken, but other than that... naw I'm good. I honestly don't know much about Sister missionaries. They're around, but I've never served close to any of them, and most of my zones and Districts are sister-less. Well Em I would like to tell you some things about what to expect from the culture, but It's really become so normal to me, that I'm not quite sure what exactly would surprise you. Well fam. have a sweet week (is that an Easter pun or am I too soon?) and enjoy having the family more complete again with Em there.

Till next week.

-Elder Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment