Monday, February 29, 2016

Please pull a Jonah and...

I can always count on these days to put a smile on my face. Even though I've been away for some weeks... months..... almost years gosh. If you took away the signatures from your emails, I would know exactly who was writing me, the tone of their voice, their facial expressions and the color of the shirt they're wearing. Okay, I know what you're thinking... but I really do know the tone of your voice! Oh my goody goodness, training is weird. I won't go on a big tangent of the positives and negatives, but boy is it a challenge. I'm happy to say however, that after the first awkward weeks, we're settling into a rhythm and working on our differences. I feel like when I think about my own training, I had a similar experience to Dad's. It's funny how a lot of missionaries, including me, believed that since they were trained, they know what it would be like to be a trainer. Newsflash: It's not the same at all. No I haven't eaten any more rats lately. If anyone wants to make a jab at what other things I've eaten, I'll tell you if you're right or wrong, haha. Home teaching did prepare me for missionary work in a way and I loved having Bro. Jones as a companion. He's a great man. The thought of Brooke going to Wal-Mart, driving alone is weird. When did that happen? It's almost like I can hear a certain Fiddler on the Roof (or Ruff for us Idahoans) song playing in Mom and Dad's head. I'll let you read the lyrics if you want. The Hamatan is finally coming to a close. The good news: we had a big rain storm. The bad news: our apartment flooded. 8 buckets down the hall and on Elder Amakye's bed. I don't think God would stop the rain so much needed by the region only to help a few missionaries...maybe he could pull a Jonah and shade us though? Either way we're working on getting that fixed. Boy I miss seeing wildlife. Ghana really doesn't have any actually. Even the birds are few, although I do see some hawks every now and then. I love the screeches they make. In answer to Brooke's question, Life:...... is full of awesome things. I was just thinking about that today. There's such a big variety of things to enjoy, it's insane, and to think we probably haven't even scratched the surface of what's possible here. I doubt any ancient King here got to go to lagoon, eat bacon-wrapped lobster, or get that glorious feeling of triumph when you stomp over your enemies in RISK... Anyways that's my take on life. This Friday we spent a lot of our time at the chapel. I'm glad for all of those AP English things, because I spent a good deal of time editing our 2015 Branch history paper. Good golly it needed worked on. I'm also sorry for not getting pictures out for such a long time. Computers here are usually bad with viruses and either my card or card reader has crapped out. When it's re-solved I'll send a few things. 

Have a great week, TTFN! 

-Elder Silva 

No comments:

Post a Comment