Thursday, June 9, 2016

Blast from the past . . .


Austin-4




























Jun 6, 2016

I can't believe my older sister and adopted sister came to see me and I never took a picture with my own camera! How foolish . . . Well, you asked about our week . . . We spent probably about 12-13 hours proselyting in our area. We were in Kumasi for much of it. We had meetings, exchanges with the Assistants, baptismal interviews etc... It was fun to travel around, but our area is getting a little "dusty" due to our schedule. We're trying as much as we can and we may have some baptisms coming up soon.

Seeing Em and Ally was really cool. The members were a bit distracted from their lessons, but they were happy. It hasn't thrown me as I haven't even had much time to think about it anyways haha. What's strange is that it was so fast that it seems as if it didn't even happen. It's also strange to think that they're getting a small taste of what my mission is like. At least somebody will understand my strange mannerisms when I'm back. I'll have to be sure to E-mail Zach soon. It's crazy that he's graduated. Actually Mom, I already bought a nativity set earlier so don't worry. I'll be sure to bring some coins. All the coins were minted in 2007 because of a change in currency. I haven't seen any of the old currency, but I'll be looking for it. Also I'll be thinking about a nice rock to bring for Mr. Gunderson. Too bad I wasn't in Obuasi when you asked. Maybe I could've had my hand on a bit of gold. I heard a missionary got the paperwork through to bring a small amount home. I'm not worried about Brooke's E-mail. When I get home I'm just going to tie her up to a chair, shine a light in her eyes and force her truth serum until she tells me everything that happened in the last two years... or I'll just ask Duke, (He sees more than you think...) Well fam. I guess that's it for now. Transfers are coming somehow soon, so I'll let you know then. -Elder Silva


May 30, 2016

Well wouldn'tcha know it? it's around 2:00 in Nkawkaw right now. I suppose as I'm typing this very message, Emily should be in the Ghana airport by now, surrounded by a bunch of skinny dudes asking to take her luggage in broken English... Don't do it Em!! Haha

Well this week has been pretty good. The days are flying by. We've been starting a big push for member-missionary work in the Zone and we've seen some improvements. Don't forget to help those Elders or Sisters at home a bit. Life is still busy, but I prefer it that way. Me and my companion are doing great. no problems... well except for the fact that he always seems to be using the bathroom when everyone else needs it. The mission is having a famine of missionaries soon. People are leaving and few are coming. It calls for more Stake missionaries or combined/closed areas.The Branch is doing well. We have some people sorta-kinda progressing. We're unsure, but not losing faith. We actually have real PEC meetings. sooo nice. All in all it's a gay ol' time.


It's funny that as time here goes on, I just expect that time back home is frozen. Then I realize that 2 school years have passed, Brooke's an upcoming Junior, Em's out of college, Mason Skaggs is becoming a super computer hacker, Carson is graduated, Steven is still tootin on that trombone, and now I'm hearing things about uprooted bushes and ghost cars... strange. oh and Zach's going to Russia... no big deal. Speaking of what Dad said about elephant guns, is there anything any of you guys are just "dying" to have from here? I never gave much thought to souvenirs and now that time is running out I don't have many ideas. Just a thought. Well Brooke, I wouldn't say Junior year was the hardest. Sophomore was my least favorite. Senior was my favorite and my hardest. No worries. If you're worried about not being able to handle the summer heat, then get that job. It will help you to grow up to be the super something you always wanted to be. Also you might be able to save up enough to get something cool like a pirate ship or a gumball! Enjoy the week everyone. -Elder Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment