Thursday, March 26, 2015

Fanyogo and Fufu.

Dear family,


Well I suppose this week has gone alright. Just a pretty average week. We have several investigators progressing. The hard part is getting people to church. The rain is coming back so the heat is decreasing. The humidity however is peaking. Today I finally have some pictures ready, so I'll be able to send them for your enjoyment. I think someone from home asked me about ice cream the other day. Recently I've become addicted to the "fan" company. Fanice is like a strange vanilla ice cream. Fanyogo is a strawberry yogurt and fandango is like a frozen tropical drink. When it's hot, well these babies are perfect. People sell them all over on their heads. ...I'm not wearing any socks today. ...Just thought I would tell you. As for now I don't have a whole lot to say. I hope the pictures will make up for that. I'm still enjoying my area. I ate fufu yesterday for the first time in weeks. I didn't realize how much I actually missed it. 

Have a great week everyone! 

-Elder Silva


 He claims to be 135 years old. If that is true then it just goes to show that you are never too old to be baptized!


 Cassava field. This is what they use to make fufu.)


 Destroyed my companion in chess :)


 This is how they color chickens in Africa. 


 Another shot of my desk


 Duke's new girlfriend Adom. Pronounced (Adoom, meaning Mercy).  Duke is the Silva family cat.


 Bear Grills (TV survival expert), taught me to use my resources. 


 Going to a Ghanaian Funeral. They're long and I can't understand the language. It seemed to go well though. 


Falling asleep in Elder's quorum. (It's a work in progress)


Thought it would be nice if we pinned it up.


You've got to admit the kid has style……Okay maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment